SCORE and Rekindle jointly present
How to better manage your business for Increased Profitability
Advanced Smart Owners Series
Five Week Session, 9:00am to noon
Huff Realty, 334 Beechwood Road, Suite 100, Ft. Mitchell, Ky., 41017
All Five Workshops – $175; Single Workshop – $55
Student Rate for all Five Workshops – $90; Student Rate for Single Workshop – $25
Go to Events at the Norther Ky. Chamber Website to Register; www.nkychamber.com
William E. Hesch, Attorney, CPA, PFS and business owner will be speaking the last 30 minutes of each program. As an entrepreneur who has managed the growth of his law firm and CPA firm over the past 23 years, he will discuss practical tips and advise on how he has used each of the below topics in growing his business.
02/24/16 (Wednesday) – Understanding the Financial Data needed to secure a business loan and alternative sources of funding
- Learn what is needed to apply and secure a business loan.
- Discussion to include collateral, cash flow and loan structuring.
- Alternative sources of funding.
- Interactive Q&A to follow presentation.
03/02/16 (Wednesday) – Basic Financial Statement and Accounting for the Small Business Owner
- Learn about the importance and use of financial statements.
- Which is the best for you – Sole Proprietor, S Corp or C Corp?
- Difference in 1099 and W2 requirements – Are you at risk?
03/09/16 (Wednesday) – How to use Metrics to Manage and Grow your Business
- Learn why, what, when and how to measure the metrics that drives your business.
- Understand when and how to review and analyze the metrics.
- Hear how to communicate your goals through the metrics.
- Come prepared with at least one well-defined business goal. During the workshop you will be determining the goal’s metrics and a follow-up plan that you will be able to put into place immediately.
03/17/16 (Thursday) – Website Development Workshop (Four Hour Workshop)
- Learn Web Site Fundamentals, elements of good Web Site Design.
- Web Site development costs and value of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Getting started – what the owner needs to know and decide when hiring a web developer.
- Marketing your site – How to both construct your site to improve its ranking on Google, Yahoo, and MSN, and the external collaborative marketing tactics to facilitate clients finding you.
- Key components of a good web page design – Navigation, layout, color schemes, graphics and fonts.
03/23/16 (Wednesday) – Using Social Media for Business Growth
- Introduction to social media and why it is important to your business and which sites to choose and how to get started.
- Learn to manage your resources, keep your accounts updated and incorporate social media into your marketing plan.
- Impact of Social Media on SEO and how to use Social Media to drive traffic to your website.