How To Become a Better Business Owner: MORE Tips from a Successful Entrepreneur
Business owners need to properly plan for a large number of roadblocks that will challenge the success of their business. Bill Hesch is a successful entrepreneur with over 22 years of experience managing his law firm and CPA firm in the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky area. Bill is uniquely experienced to consult with his CPA and law firm clients who are business owners regarding their legal, tax, and financial problems and concerns.
Last month, Bill provided five tips that every business owner can use to become a better business owner. Here are five more tips to help you achieve that goal:
1. The outside perception of the business must match the inside reality. The business must meet or exceed its customer’s expectations on a consistent daily basis.
2. A business owner must honestly answer three questions:
a.) What does the owner enjoy doing?b.) Is the owner really good at doing what the business needs the owner to do?c.) Is the owner willing to pay the price?
3. A business owner must have the mindset and emotional intelligence to manage and lead the business. Maintaining a work/life balance, being healthy, and using fear as a motivator are all key components of that.
4. A business owner needs to recognize and understand his/her leadership style. Successful business owners identify their weaknesses and surround themselves with employees and managers who can compensate for those weaknesses. The skills needed to be a good manager are not the same skills needed to be a good business owner.
5. If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.
These are just a few tips to help your business become more successful. Bill recently presented this topic at the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce Smart Business Owners Series. The goal of this 5-part program was to give Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky business owners and future business owners the tools to succeed. Bill’s presentation included the above tips, as well as five other tips. To access Bill’s audio presentation and its accompanying PowerPoint, visit www.heschlaw.com or www.heschcpa.com
Bill Hesch manages his CPA Firm and Law Firm in Oakley Square. Cincy Magazine recognized Bill as a Leading Lawyer in the Trust and Estate area for the 11th consecutive year in 2015. Bill Hesch is a CPA, PFS (Personal Financial Specialist), and Attorney licensed in Ohio and Kentucky who helps clients with their tax, financial, and estate planning. He also practices elder law, corporate law, Medicaid planning, tax law, asset protection, and probate in the Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky areas. His practice area includes Hamilton County, Butler County, Warren County, and Clermont County in Ohio, and Campbell County, Kenton County, and Boone County in Kentucky.
You can refer back to the original “Become a Better Business Owner” blog post, here.
(Legal Disclaimer: Bill Hesch submits this blog to provide general information about the firm and its services. Information in this blog is not intended as legal advice, and any person receiving information on this page should not act on it without consulting professional legal counsel. While at times Bill Hesch may render an opinion, Bill Hesch does not offer legal advice through this blog. Bill Hesch does not enter into an attorney-client relationship with any online reader via online contact.)